Topic

By: kmgallen

My First Week: Day 3

I am on day 3 of the LLT, and I have to admit it has been quite a struggle. I started my Diet on Thursday 15th March, a day after joining the "Mens" Group counselling session. I had a lot of trepidation going into this, mainly about how I would cope with being hungry.. in truth though I haven't felt as hungry as I was expecting - I have physically floored.. oh boy.. I didn't expect to feel the way I have been!! On the evening of the 1st day I had the most crashing headache that paracetamol just would not shift, it is only now just starting to get easier on day 3, along withthe feeling of being dizzy and quite nauseous at times. I wonder if anyone else has had any such severe reactions to the diet in the first week - please tell me they will pass - the hunger has been the least of my worries. I'm taking each day as it comes, sachet by sachet.
Started LLT 15th March 2012

Replies

1. RE: My First Week: Day 3

Hi mate , im on day 3 and on day 2 i got mild headaches and lightheadidness and i have a very dry throat but im sure after the weekend i will feel great and be looking forward to the weigh in.
    src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wiwLeGS/weight.png">
    Posted: 27/04/2012 19:57 By: davewneil
  2. RE: My First Week: Day 3

on first day dont feel hungry just think foodpacks taste discusting
    Posted: 18/04/2012 20:18 By: maryx
  3. RE: My First Week: Day 3

How are you getting on now kmgallen?

It's the start of a life-long journey which starts with one step, then another....
    Posted: 18/04/2012 11:51 By: wiltscub
  4. RE: My First Week: Day 3

Hi ,Some of the side effects of the diet in the first 3 days ish are head aches, dizzyness , bad breath, dry mouth, etc, it's all normal and will pass once ketosis kicks in. Your LLC will have ketosis sticks to hand. The journey does get better and believe it or not this part of the journey is easy. The learnings start when your back on food, and boy does the couneling help. Keep on keeping on . Roy
    (((( THE JOURNEY IS JUST BEAUTIFULL))) WI Thursdays Wk 1 = 10.5lbs Wk 2 = 3lbs Wk 3 = 6lbs Wk 4 = 1.5lbs Wk 5 = 0lbs Wk 6 = 0.5lbs Wk 7 = N/A (XMAS SHOPPING) Wk 8 = 3.5lbs (INC XMAS PLANNED LAPSE) Wk 9 = 0lbs Wk 10 = 1lb Wk 11 = 4.5lbs Wk 12 = 4lbs Wk 13 RTM
    Posted: 15/04/2012 10:22 By: royb2110
  5. RE: My First Week: Day 3

Hi, I'm on day 4 and day 2 was my worst - I had a migraine in the middle of the day and felt as though I'd barely make it home from work (by train and bus) standing up. I think this had as much to do with going cold turkey from 5-8 cans of diet coke a day on top of coffee as much as the radical reduction in input calories. Day 3 was better and day 4 better still though I've struggled with "hunger" and cravings all evening. There is plenty of comments across the discussion boards on here from people saying that by days 5 to 7 it gets a lot better. Keep at it as you will feel really good getting through these first few days and that first weigh in... M

It's the start of a life-long journey which starts with one step, then another....
    Posted: 15/04/2012 00:28 By: wiltscub
  6. RE: My First Week: Day 3

Hi - I hope you are feeling better today. I think keeping busy is important to survive the first part. I worked two of the first 3 days and had one off. The day off at home was far the most difficult with lots of headaches and 'hunger' however it soon passed and the rest is clover!

Good luck.

Started Lighter Life 10/1/12. Although there were ups and downs, I stayed the course and pushed through into...

Management Phase 1 12/6/12 after 5 months of LLT. Having a great time and enjoying the fruits of all the hard work.

Posted: 18/03/2012 18:37 By: drspikes
  7. RE: My First Week: Day 3

Hi there, Yes, I also suffered identical symptoms during the first. Things will get better as Ketosis kicks in and you get past the carbs withdrawal. Second week is easie without a doubt, although I did go through a weak period for a couple of days. All the suffering is worth it when you get the result of your first weigh in. Stick to it and you will lose the weight. Good luck and remember what you want.
    Posted: 18/03/2012 16:00 By: Jagman1