Topic

By: JillG

starting week 8 of RTM and confused

hi everyone. I hope all of you are doing well. Maybe you could shed some light on my confusion,

I'm starting week 8 of RTM tomorrow and as I haven't spoken with my counsellor for weeks, i.e. since I started RTM, (she was on holiday for 6 weeks, then I missed two meetings due to hols and a wedding and now this evening she was missing due to being sick), I haven't been able to clarify that I'm doing the 8 week RTM. I always had that impression and was never corrected when in conversation with the temporary counsellor, but as the weeks have gone by it seems like things are moving too slowly to be finished RTM next week.

When I look at the planned foods for next week, the amount of coarse or wholegrain foods is still only 30g and fruit only 80g. Also, I thought that RTM was to include the reintroduction of trigger foods such as chocolate, etc.

Perhaps, I'm doing the 12 week plan but nobody told me?? I must say I am enjoying eating food again and don't have a problem avoiding high GI foods but am finding the limitations on weight of fruit and wholegrain foods frustrating.

From tomorrow I'm down to one foodpack per day. Does that sound like week 8 of the 12 weeks programme?
LL total: 1st Sept 2011 - 28th Feb 2012 - 4 st 10 lb loss :-D RTM: 28th Feb - 25th April - 4 lb loss - 5 stone total loss :-D 25th April - 28th Feb - A gradual weight gain of 6.5 Kg / 1 stone New goal: to lose 4.5 Kg/10lbs Week1: -2lbs, Week2+3: +0.5lbs, Week 4: -1lb Week 5,6 & 7: STS, Week 8-13: +1lb

Replies

1. RE: starting week 8 of RTM and confused

Hello Jill, I too went through the urge to eat carbs for a few weeks recently. I could do with portions being a little larger and sometimes have increased them, especially porridge from lighterlife 30g to the usual recoommened 40g. It's a bit of a shock how small the portions are, how on earth I packed it all away before is almost freakish in my memmory now. Somedays I need a second dose. Usually what is happening with me now is that I find I only want carbs every 2-3 days, so I can double up every few days. It just really suits me and my lifestyle, where I have sudden burts of activity and am quite quiet in between.

Mrs Miniver's Column

Posted: 24/04/2012 10:18 By: MrsMiniversion
  2. RE: starting week 8 of RTM and confused

thanks Jo.

I think I was just having a panicky day. I am on the 8 week programme but was just so surprised at how little carbs/starches are allowed on the last week of RTM that I thought it could not be the end. I read to the end of the section 8 insert and it explains the plate with the divisions/proportions of food types.

Although I intended following a low carb diet when finished with LL, I'm still surpised at how small the section for carbs/starches/grains. I guess I will just have to increase it bit by bit to figure out how much I can get away with. I have no great desire to eat potato/rice/pasta on a regular basis as I'm enjoying a protein and veg heavy diet + greek yoghurt of course but would really like to be able to have porridge for my breakfast and then have some brown bread or quinoa later in the day rather than stuck with a limit of 30/40g.

Your plan to have a no-carb day and vegetarian day each week is a great idea. I've been trying to eat something I wouldn't have eaten before, and to eat fish at least twice a week. Preventing boredom with what we're eating day to day is so important. This week, beetroot is the new food.

good luck with your jubilee challenge. Jill x
    LL total: 1st Sept 2011 - 28th Feb 2012 - 4 st 10 lb loss :-D RTM: 28th Feb - 25th April - 4 lb loss - 5 stone total loss :-D 25th April - 28th Feb - A gradual weight gain of 6.5 Kg / 1 stone New goal: to lose 4.5 Kg/10lbs Week1: -2lbs, Week2+3: +0.5lbs, Week 4: -1lb Week 5,6 & 7: STS, Week 8-13: +1lb

Posted: 23/04/2012 22:05 By: JillG
  3. RE: starting week 8 of RTM and confused

You sound very confused and unsupported in RTM. You should either have a big blue book - the old 12 week RTM - or a folder type thing for the new flexible timing, RTM.

I'm guessing you don't have the blue book because that is very clear on the progress through the weeks and wk 8 is 2 food packs and the start of the trigger weeks. Do you know if your records have been updated to reflect that you are on RTM? If it has, you should be able to see the management support material and mine shows the 12 week programme. I get this page http://www.lighterlife.com/support/all-about-management-benefits.aspx when I log in.

I think on the new plan, you move on through the weeks as you feel comfortable. Not sure about the triggers but old style starts with pasts, potatoes, rice etc. in week 8. I guess others doing the new RTM might be able to advise but, if not, you definitely need more help from your LLC - you're paying for it!

Jox
    Maintaining my weight since January. I feel in control of my eating for the first time in my life and I am fitter, stronger and more active than I have ever been.

Posted: 20/04/2012 12:43 By: JoH