Topic

By: esc0124

First Week in and Wondering if Can Just Have Porridge?

Hi all, I started LLL this week and have managed to keep to it. Since there's not much food I don't love I picked up a pack of everything just to try them all. However, I have to say I'm not particularly keen on any of them except the porridge. I thought I would love the soups and shakes but I think it's the fact they're meal replacements that turns me off them a bit. The foodpacks are a bit more satisfying and I've just started on the bars, but they're all a bit weird so far. Not really sure what I expected, but I do like the porridge. I could quite happily have up to 3 porridges a day and was wondering if anyone else feels like that? I read an earlier post that someone exists primarily on the shakes and that was okay, but there're four flavours of them. I know we're supposed to have a variety of foodpacks, aren't we? My first weigh-in is Sun so I'll check with LLC then but was just wondering if anyone just has any one or just a few particular foodpack(s) all the time? x

Replies

1. RE: First Week in and Wondering if Can Just Have Porridge?

I am a porridge lover like you, have not got a sweet tooth, and HATED the shakes when I first tried them. But do agree with Weasy, your tastes change as you do the LLL plan so do give the other packs another go.
    src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wfuf16h/weight.png">
    Posted: 02/05/2012 19:44 By: susanleech64
  2. RE: First Week in and Wondering if Can Just Have Porridge?

You don't have to have a variety. If porridge suits you and you are happy then you are fine having 3 a day. I would suggest though that in a few weeks yu try some of the other packs again because your tastes do change on this diet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Weight Loss On Total and Lite

Maintenance Level...

Goals Achieved : off diabetes meds / 1 stone / only obese! / 10% off / wedding ring fits again! / size 22 / 2 stone / weight when I started WW / 25% of the way there / <100lbs to go / 3 stone / size 20 / 50 lbs lost / weigh less than 100kg / weigh less than husband for first time ever! / 4 stone / size 18 / half way there / lightest in adult life (after WW) / 5 stone / weigh < 200 lbs / size 16 / wear knee high boots / 6 stone / only overweight! / size 14 / wear hotel robe / wear knee high boots with jeans tucked in! / 7 stone / 100 lbs lost! / 75% of the way there / In a Karen Millen dress / size 12 / 8 stone / bmi <= 25 / some size 10 / 9 stone / comfortable size 10 / final goal!!! / be able to hold the plank position (feet/elbows) for 30 secs / be able to hold the plank position (feet/elbows) for 45 secs / be able to do a sit up / be able to hold the plank position (feet/elbows) for 1 min / be able to hold the plank position (feet/hands) for 1 min / run at 11 km/hr for 8 intervals of 30 secs each with 30 secs 'rest'

Goals to Achieve:  to be able to do a sit up without anyone holding my feet or using weights to help / run at 11 km/hr for 8 intervals of 1 min each with 1 min 'rest' / run at 11 km/hr for 8 intervals of 1 min each with 30 secs 'rest'

Posted: 20/04/2012 22:32 By: weasey