Topic

By: Wobbly Pickle

Went to monthly maintenance ...

And I have kept at/around 10 stone 2 for three months now. Very pleased!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Week 1 - 8 pounds Week 2 - 3 pounds (cumulative 11 pounds) Week 3 - 2.5 pounds Week 4 - 4.5 pounds (cum 18 pounds)

Replies

1. RE: Went to monthly maintenance ...

Thanks everyone for comments. My tips for what they're worth: I think I just plan my eating much betterr. I don't really eat bread/pasta or other flour based stuff unless I think it's going to be worth the 'empty calories'. I've reverted to packs a couple of times pre and post holiday to ensure I don't start building pounds on again. If I'm eating out and have time, I check on line if possible to check out the menu and plan what I might have (this is to avoid over ordering when hungry!). I am just trying to focus on low GI foods all the time so that I don't get sugar crashes and the nibbles. Still have a bar most afternoons. I remembering that it's ok to throw food in the bin rather than eat the left overs myself. It is so great to be a 'normal' bmi. More confident and happier. Thank you lighter life!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Week 1 - 8 pounds Week 2 - 3 pounds (cumulative 11 pounds) Week 3 - 2.5 pounds Week 4 - 4.5 pounds (cum 18 pounds)
    Posted: 26/04/2012 22:23 By: Wobbly Pickle
  2. RE: Went to monthly maintenance ...

Fantastic and inspiring to hear ths as I continue my wobbly journey through RTM. Yes, any tips? I like Jo ideas of set days for certain things. I plan to have a fasting day at least once a fortnight because it's such a great thing for the system, and alcohol at max twice a week, but preferably once or not at all.
    Lost 5 1/2 stones over 22 weeks Sep '11- Feb '12. Have gradually regained a couple of stones with long periods of stability inbetween. Returning to get back to normal bmi and continue the whole learning process. There's a lot still to learn. My blog looks more closely at my daily challenges. Warning: specific food talk!
    Posted: 25/04/2012 15:29 By: carnation
  3. RE: Went to monthly maintenance ...

Oh This is so encouraging well done, and Joh what a good idea, it's good to talk
    (((( THE JOURNEY IS JUST BEAUTIFULL))) WI Thursdays Wk 1 = 10.5lbs Wk 2 = 3lbs Wk 3 = 6lbs Wk 4 = 1.5lbs Wk 5 = 0lbs Wk 6 = 0.5lbs Wk 7 = N/A (XMAS SHOPPING) Wk 8 = 3.5lbs (INC XMAS PLANNED LAPSE) Wk 9 = 0lbs Wk 10 = 1lb Wk 11 = 4.5lbs Wk 12 = 4lbs Wk 13 RTM
    Posted: 24/04/2012 11:39 By: royb2110
  4. RE: Went to monthly maintenance ...

That is so heartening to hear your news! Could you tell those of us on RTM, what happens when you move to management? What extra food is recommended?

Mrs Miniver's Column

Posted: 24/04/2012 10:20 By: MrsMiniversion
  5. RE: Went to monthly maintenance ...

well done Wobbly Pickle. It's so great to see someone mantaining so well. I hope to follow in your footsteps.
    LL total: 1st Sept 2011 - 28th Feb 2012 - 4 st 10 lb loss :-D RTM: 28th Feb - 25th April - 4 lb loss - 5 stone total loss :-D 25th April - 28th Feb - A gradual weight gain of 6.5 Kg / 1 stone New goal: to lose 4.5 Kg/10lbs Week1: -2lbs, Week2+3: +0.5lbs, Week 4: -1lb Week 5,6 & 7: STS, Week 8-13: +1lb
    Posted: 23/04/2012 21:36 By: JillG
  6. RE: Went to monthly maintenance ...

Well done - I bet you felt really great. This is my Jubilee challenge too - to stay the same or less. It seems to be working so far and I have been developing a few "rules" for myself e.g. drinking alcohol no more than twice a week, having a no carb day and a vegetarian day each week. It gives me a bit of variety and keeps me thinking creatively about my food choices . Have you found any tricks or "rules" that are helping you stay on track?

Jox
    Maintaining my weight since January. I feel in control of my eating for the first time in my life and I am fitter, stronger and more active than I have ever been.

Posted: 23/04/2012 20:39 By: JoH
  7. RE: Went to monthly maintenance ...

Hiya - well done on keeping your weight maintained. This is exactly how I want to be eventually. An experienced weight holder, managing and balancing my weight. by making the best food choices.
    Posted: 23/04/2012 20:07 By: dwil