Topic

By: Beckybunny

Feeling a bit disheartened

Hi all, I have had a bad week this week. No excuses, I have had no special event, and it wasn't a 'planned failure'. It almost feels like I've been subconsciously (maybe a little bit consciously too) going on a self-sabotage mission, but I cannot figure out why. I am a bit stressed at the moment and am having to make a few big life choices, but I don't see how that has made me eat excessively. I've actually sought out the worst foods I could possibly eat. I've really been enjoying LLL so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm really disappointed in myself. I know I need to get back on the waggon, remember why I started doing this in the first place and just get a grip, but I could really, really do with a few words of encouragement. On a positive note, it is now 1.50pm and I have stuck to LL today so I am determined to break my negative week.

Replies

1. RE: Feeling a bit disheartened

Stress is an eating trigger for many of us. It's a comfort thing. Have something to eat to cheer yourself up. Of course it is self defeating - we eat something to cheer ourselves up but then as well as the original stress (which we haven't done anything about) we also add feeling bad about the fact that we have gine off plan. Then we want to eat more to comfort ourselves... The important thing is to understand that it is a coping mechanism and that you need to find other cooing mechanisms for your stress. How about exercise/hot bath/talking to a friend/addressing the issue which is stressing you? This is a really good think to be learning and will help you to keep the weight off at the end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Weight Loss On Total and Lite

Maintenance Level...

Goals Achieved : off diabetes meds / 1 stone / only obese! / 10% off / wedding ring fits again! / size 22 / 2 stone / weight when I started WW / 25% of the way there / <100lbs to go / 3 stone / size 20 / 50 lbs lost / weigh less than 100kg / weigh less than husband for first time ever! / 4 stone / size 18 / half way there / lightest in adult life (after WW) / 5 stone / weigh < 200 lbs / size 16 / wear knee high boots / 6 stone / only overweight! / size 14 / wear hotel robe / wear knee high boots with jeans tucked in! / 7 stone / 100 lbs lost! / 75% of the way there / In a Karen Millen dress / size 12 / 8 stone / bmi <= 25 / some size 10 / 9 stone / comfortable size 10 / final goal!!! / be able to hold the plank position (feet/elbows) for 30 secs / be able to hold the plank position (feet/elbows) for 45 secs / be able to do a sit up / be able to hold the plank position (feet/elbows) for 1 min / be able to hold the plank position (feet/hands) for 1 min / run at 11 km/hr for 8 intervals of 30 secs each with 30 secs 'rest'

Goals to Achieve:  to be able to do a sit up without anyone holding my feet or using weights to help / run at 11 km/hr for 8 intervals of 1 min each with 1 min 'rest' / run at 11 km/hr for 8 intervals of 1 min each with 30 secs 'rest'

Posted: 03/05/2012 13:26 By: weasey