Topic

By: NinaT

Are you a creature of habit or do you mix it up?

With your packs obviously LOL

I have virtually the same every day - might change the soup sometimes! my daily routine is:

B - Vanilla shake with coffee added

L - soup either minestrone or mushroom

D -Carbonara or Shepherds Pie

S -Peanut crisp

someone asked if I was bored the other day of no variety and I can honestly say I am not but maybe this is part of learning food is for fuel not to make me feel good? who knows!

Ninax

Week 1 - 9lbs ~ Week 2 - 3lbs ~ Week 3 - 7lbs ~ Week 4 - STS ~ Week 5 - 5lbs ~ Week 6 - 1lbs ~ Week 7 - 2lbs ~ Week 8 - STS

Jubilee Challenge - Target 20lbs / Lost 15lbs / 5lbs left to go

Replies

1. RE: Are you a creature of habit or do you mix it up?

lol - just read the 28 chocolate shakes a week post. ok i know i could never do that. but if it works i would not knock it.... :-)

I have to say that i dont really go with the food is only for fuel and not to be enjoyed. i know a lot is said on the forum about food being fuel and i see that, but does that require excluding any enjoyment of food? cant see that myself but hey ho. as you probably note i take time to stand and stir at the oven and hob most evening and mornings, making a nice tasting porridge, or a nice savoury meal, or a nice soup. i stand and chop my bars into small slices every evening. i really have taken to making my food pack or bar as enjoyable as i expect to in the future make my meals once i am on conventional foods again.

so what do i have. well it varies a bit in terms of tastes as i sometimes mix the flavours of two packs and if not i make sure i have a variety of flavours to choose from. Im getting one of every pack in my order each week and have done so for last four or five weeks. :-)

breakfasts = porridge. either apple and cinnamon, or plain porridge. if i fancy it i do banana, vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate porridge. with either of the porridge food pack flavours. the strawberry one comes out nice with apple and cinnamon. on occasion i do coffee porridge. in my old days i used to do orange flavour or st clements flavour or fruits of forest porridge.

lunch at work. originally bars until i discovered how nice they were straight from fridge. so now i have soups at work and make up in a large mug. i get one type of each soup every week so i get a variety of lunch tastes. i love mushroom and the asparagus and the pea and ham. idf im out and about at weekends then lunch is either a soup stirred into a extra large peppermint tea (lol. dont knock it til you've tried it. especially with starbucks x2 peppermint tea bags!), or its a vanilla or banana pack stirred into a extra large black coffee.

evening meals are a range of either the pasta, chili, and shepherds pie meals done to a smooth consistency in a saucepan on the hob. i get one of these each week. then of the balance of soups ive ordered (remember i get one of each flavour) i have the soup made in saucepan with 200ml cold water and stirred until lovely and smooth for my bowl). or this week i have decided to try more shake packs hot. so one of each flavour i'm having in the evening blitz with hand blender. i invariably add coffee for flavour - chocolate mocha, vanilla latte, banana (banoffi), and even the strawberry one i mix with coffee. sometimes i mix peppermint tea with the chocolate one to have a minty hot choc. :-) (tried shakes cold the other week over weekends but didnt like them whether done in shaker or with blender). and last meal or snack as i like to call it before bed is my bar, my fave being the nit fudge. kept in fridge and sliced up thinly. makes about 40 slices. and its a lovely consistency to eat when sliced thinly. on the occasions im away and eat the bar as is straight from pack it can taste well chewy for the mouth to get round. i also sometimes have toffee and this week had one cranberry but neither really has the same niceness about them when sliced as the nut fudge does.

So Nina - get the idea i like variety. It is after all said to be the spice of life. :-)
    Posted: 02/05/2012 21:55 By: dwil
  2. RE: Are you a creature of habit or do you mix it up?

I mix it up every week. The only thing I have stuck with is half porridge / half banana for breakfast. I have a soup most lunchtimes, but vary the flavour on a daily basis. I have a shake at 4ish, strawberry or banana and I have a bar when the kids are in bed. I vary the bar flavours too and rotate between peanut, cranberry, toffee and nut fudge. I get bored easily and varying the packs each day keeps me interested. Sometimes work commitments mean I have to swap things around further and have my bar at lunchtime.
    Posted: 02/05/2012 19:15 By: Jamiesmum
  3. RE: Are you a creature of habit or do you mix it up?

I'm extremely fussy with the packs! I've found I usually won't have breakfast, purely because I'm so last-minute with getting ready for college LOL. I'll generally have my Cranberry & Raspberry bar at around 12:30 or on the bus into college if I'm hungry that morning (I'm never usually). Then I'll have double Chicken soup (with lots of pepper!) at around 4pm, before a Carbonara at around 8pm. :)
    Rach. x

LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Posted: 02/05/2012 18:32 By: LittleMissPipedream
  4. RE: Are you a creature of habit or do you mix it up?

Yup - I'm pretty fixed in my routine - porridge in the morning, toffee or cranberry bar for lunch, shepherd's pie for tea, porridge for supper. But vanilla shakes are my travel/hotel kit !

The habit is quite comforting and I feel secure. The packs are only fuel, after all. They're only to keep me alive, not to entertain me (to quote Lilian)

Sue xx
    Lost 9 stones between Sept 11 and July 12 on LLT. Really enjoyed the process and especially enjoyed being thinner - but didn't take a sustained interest in management in the 18 months since then! Now returning to get back to a comfortable weight and take the opportunity to learn how to stay there!

Posted: 02/05/2012 17:16 By: SueDonym
  5. RE: Are you a creature of habit or do you mix it up?

oops! think i got a bit click happy with the post button!
    Posted: 02/05/2012 16:58 By: caffrin_x
  6. RE: Are you a creature of habit or do you mix it up?

I usually have a strawberry milkshake for breakfast, bar for lunch, and 2 sheperds pie packs together at night for dinner! :)
    Posted: 02/05/2012 16:57 By: caffrin_x
  7. RE: Are you a creature of habit or do you mix it up?

I usually have a strawberry milkshake for breakfast, bar for lunch, and 2 sheperds pie packs together at night for dinner! :)
  8. RE: Are you a creature of habit or do you mix it up?

9. RE: Are you a creature of habit or do you mix it up?

10. RE: Are you a creature of habit or do you mix it up?